Using SmartEncrypt with MYOB PDF Manager
MYOB PDF Manager uses a licence file on a network to track instances of the software used in real-time. Due to the way in which SmartEncrypt third-party libraries work, SmartEncrypt installation on Windows machines causes a slight change in behaviour, which prevents PDF Manager from launching.
To resolve this issue, there are a number of registry updates that need to be applied to the SmartEncrypt
To add MYOB PDF Manager support:
- Ensure the device is running the latest version of the SmartEncrypt desktop client for Windows
- Download the zip file attached to this article and extract
- Exit the SmartEncrypt software
- Run the extracted registry file on affected machines to apply the required registry updates
- Restart the SmartEncrypt software
Good to know...
- Version 1.7.1212 or later of the SmartEncrypt desktop client for Windows is required
- For best results, ensure that the SmartEncrypt software is not running applying registry updates
Error message when trying to view encrypted PDF files in a web browser
Even if you have the correct encryption key, it is not possible to use web browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge to view encrypted files. This is because the built-in PDF viewer in web browsers are not able to view protected PDF files. ...
Installing the SmartEncrypt desktop client for Windows
Before you start... Before you install the SmartEncrypt software, check the following: You have a SmartEncrypt account - if not, ask your IT administrator to create one for you. Your computer meets the system requirements: Windows 10 version 1809 ...
SmartEncrypt Login Expired
Why have I been logged out of SmartEncrypt? In order to protect your encrypted files, the SmartEncrypt software regularly verifies whether or not you are authorised to access your files against the remote server. If you are disconnected from the ...
How to send log files to SmartEncrypt Support
Log files capture all internal events while SmartEncrypt is running. Technical support may ask you to send log files to help us troubleshoot issues such as unexpected behaviour, bugs and incompatibilities with other software. The SmartEncrypt clients ...
Windows Desktop Client Changelog
Desktop Client for Windows The following lists updates to the SmartEncrypt desktop client for Windows. Additional information: Known Issues & Limitations Installing the SmartEncrypt Desktop Client Version 2.1.1418 (2022-04-27) New: Protection Key ...